Eco Hacker Farm Membership Definition Meeting

Date 11th October 2018 20:00 - 21:15

Abbreviation used in this document: EHF, PMS

Aimee, Franz, Martin, Erin…

This meeting is a follow up to the discussion we had at the beginning of the year about membership and membership information. This would include a record of members and their membership fee payments. When it was paid last and when it is due next so the question is:

What info do we need to have and where should we store it…

Info needed:

  • Name or AKA
  • Membership number / identifier
  • Date of payment
  • Method of payment
  • Next payment due (add 1 year on date of payment)
  • Parental consent if relevant
  • Consent to add to the mailing list for members
  • Contact details for payment reminder and receipt of payment
  • Email
  • Membership type
  • Seeder / Growers

For under 18/under legal age users we would need parental consent the membership definition page would have to be amended.

Action point: add under legal age blurb in the wiki page - Aimee

Storing of membership data:

It should be stored somewhere where I can easily access so that we can keep up with the payment reminders each month… AES-256 encrypted, stored on the ecohackerfarm server. (backup happens daily, not controlled by google etc. [directly])

  • Maybe write a form similar to 0bin
  • encryption happens on client side with pgp (public key ↔ private key)
  • but in store with our own AES-256 key
  • Looking into syncthing or similar again
  • Create Form to put data in and encrypts with public key from EHF and sends it to EHF Server - #1651 & #1652

Action point: Setup the form so that people can start using it

Action point: Update the wiki with the link to the form

Action point: Write a wiki page on the membership page about how we store people’s data.

Action points: transpose agreed points to the wiki

Target completion date - 1st week of December

Questions / suggestions / ideas from attendees

Action Items should be added under each point

Send your addition / comment / suggestion / feedback in an email to

  • team_meetings/11th_october_2018.txt
  • Last modified: 2019/01/10 14:13
  • by aimeejulia